Iphone 5?
GAMA

I can upgrade on July 28th of this year and want to get the Iphone 4  32GB in white. However, I have heard talk about the Iphone 5 being released and don't know if I should hold out, and wait to upgrade my phone until it's released. Does anyone have any opinions? Also Iphone is better than a Blackberry right? I mostly want to for texting, email,  music, calendar, and taking pictures...not so much for work, and didn't know which was the better option? Thank you~~~

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5?
GAMA
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

GAMA wrote:

I can upgrade on July 28th of this year and want to get the Iphone 4  32GB in white. However, I have heard talk about the Iphone 5 being released and don't know if I should hold out, and wait to upgrade my phone until it's released. Does anyone have any opinions? Also Iphone is better than a Blackberry right? I mostly want to for texting, email,  music, calendar, and taking pictures...not so much for work, and didn't know which was the better option? Thank you~~~

There's been talk and rumors about the iPhone 5, but no one knows whether it's coming to Verizon or not. My guess is it's not going to be that much different than the iPhone 4. So I think you'd be fine with the 4, unless you really like to have the newest thing.

The only downside to waiting, is if you have an NE2 credit left. You will have 6 months from the date you become eligible to use it before you lose it. So, if you were to wait, and waited past the 6 month mark, you would lose your NE2 credit forever since Verizon has done away with that program.

Blackberries are good for email, work stuff, a lot of corporate workers use them. If you don't need any of that, you should be fine with an iPhone.

You can sell an iPhone 4 online for upwards of $500 gently used. So, even if you were to get the iPhone 4 when you become eligible, you could easily sell it and recoup most of the cost of a retail price iPhone 5. That way it would be like paying the subsidized amount for both phones.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it's also supposedly not going to be 4g capable so i don't really see a huge advantage to waiting on an iphone5. if it were goign to be 4g or have a design change (larger screen) then i would say wait......but if it's only 3g and the same size, then i'm not sure there is much a point in waiting for th 5.

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

According to one of the Apple developers iPhone 4s should be out in Sept and it's suppose to be 4G LTE capable. I haven't heard anything about Verizon NOT getting the new iPhone the same time AT&T does. If you can hold out till September then it might be worth the wait.

0 Likes