Iphone 5
dan_h

Iphone 5 (Verizon) does not have capability surfing on the internet while talking on the phone at same time. AT&T (Iphone 5) has this option. Verizon is well known carrier and very disappointed it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to talk with Apple about that; they are the ones who decided not to put the extra radio in the phone that would have allowed simultaneous voice/data on Verizon's network.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dan_h wrote:

Iphone 5 (Verizon) does not have capability surfing on the internet while talking on the phone at same time. AT&T (Iphone 5) has this option. Verizon is well known carrier and very disappointed it.

That is a hardware limitation and can only be changed by the manufacturer aka Apple.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dan_h

I don’t think your answer is truly answered my question. I believe the decision is not to have this option is Verizon, but not Apple. AT&T has this option avail for all of their users. Why not Verizon?

0 Likes
dan_h

So if it is a hardware limitation, they would need to make it avail for all Verizon users.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ATT uses the GSM network for their voice and data.

Verizon uses CDMA network for voice and 3G data (EDVO). Their LTE network is GSM based. To have both voice and data at the same time you need two radios.

The iPhone5 has one radio only. That is a hardware choice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dan_h wrote:

So if it is a hardware limitation, they would need to make it avail for all Verizon users.

FYI, Verizon does have voice and data on their 4G LTE android devices. I'm not sure about the Windows phones though.

0 Likes