Iphone 5C activation
ken311

Received new phone on 9/20/2013. Purchased with 2yr plan via online Verizon.

Requested transfer of existing phone number from my Straight Talk phone, this phone uses Verizon towers.

Received a text approx. five days ago from Verizon indicating there maybe some delay in transferring number from Straight Talk. Have had no further communication from Verizon on this matter.

Phone arrived as stated above. Included paperwork indicated that number to be transferred was attached to order. Followed activation procedure included with phone. Straight Talk phone was completely shut down during this procedure per activation instructions. Activation failed!!!  Wi Fi connection OK but no cell phone connection. No follow up communication from Verizon re Number transfer kind of leaves me in limbo at this moment. Probably going to have to spend considerable time on the phone with Verizon Customer support until I find someone who can advise me on resolving on this issue. Not too happy!

Has anybody experienced a similar issue?</

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Iphone 5C activation
Jade_Jaguar

I went into a Verizon Wireless store to activate my 5c, having an account transferred from a non-smart phone. The process took quite a bit of time even with a helpful sales rep. in person. It did finally activate after some time & plenty of patience. I recommend going in person, to sort things out. Hope that works out for you ken31.

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5C activation
ken311

Jade,

Thanks for your input. I am going to visit my local Verizon Wireless Store as you suggested. I do not mind it taking some little time, I know I am not the only fish in the pond, but I am a customer and I just hate being left hanging through lack of communication.

Regards, Ken31

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5C activation
ken311

Jade,

This morning, before I made a 15 mile trip to my local Verizon Store I decided to give it try online via a Verizon Chat Agent. Bingo, in five minutes the agent had me activated and working using old Straight Talk number. I was impressed!!

Thank you again for your help.

Ken31

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes