Re: Iphone 5c overage every month
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jvvaccaro - Good morning, you are a valued customer and we don’t want you to even consider a move from our wireless family! Billing accuracy is paramount to us! Have reviewed this overage charges for you yet? If determined to be valid charges, we will not be able to make adjustments. The best way to avoid data overages is to ensure that you have the correct plan for your data needs. Let’s do a calling plan analysis to ensure that you have the best plan for your wireless needs and avoid overages going forward! Please login to this link http://www.vzw.com/accountanalysis for a review of your current plan and to get recommendations based on your current usage.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Planetkimi
Enthusiast - Level 2

We actually switched all 6 lines to sprint last week. 100$ mi thru 2014 then 100 plus 15 per phone and we got 20 gygs plus 2 free each 32 th e entire contract AND they pay the early termination fees . We couldn't deal with all the lies and 600$ monthly bikks. Good luck! - - Original Message

Schneckinb

I have the same problem as well. I'm burning thru my data at record speed. I thought it was me! I had to up my plan twice already! I hate this phone!!

0 Likes
baybran

I used my insurance to get a refurb iphone 5c. Did Not go from a 3g phone to a 4g phone. Not an upgrade. Nothing but switching from one iphone 5c to another iphone 5c and data went from .5 gigs in a month to 1.5 gigs in 1 week. WHY???? nothing is different except the phone. Turned off data an it still uses it. Please give me something to explain this. I think its a faulty phone. 

0 Likes
Chelley_s
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, this is exactly what happened to us, we replaced a faulty new 5C with a refurbished model in May and have had data problems ever since. But do you think I can get anyone at Verizon to listen to me? Nope. Really sucks and I am leaving them as soon as I can-unfortunately I have 4 phones on a family plan which will take awhile to all end contracts on, but there seem to be lots of "buy out your contract" offers out there, so maybe it will be sooner than later.

Over a decade as a customer and we will leave over this total lack of respect that is occurring, this phone/company is stealing from us!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to listen Chelly_s . We would never ignore your issues and want to make sure all your issues are resolved so that you can stay with us. Have we processed an investigation for your data usage? Do you know which line is using the majority of data? We also have usage control features that can help you monitor and prevent overages. http://vz.to/1hCP6KW , http://vz.to/1ieRPeC . Keep us posted and let us know how we can help get this resolved.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Chelley_s
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is actually exactly what I am talking about, do you even read these threads? YES I have identified the phone using the data-it is the refurbished iPhone 5C that we were sent as a warranty replacement. I have spent hours on the phone with clueless reps just like you explaining and re-explaining and wow! amazing nothing changes. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THESE PHONES!!! Although I guess since all of us are increasing our data plans you are making more money so you don't think so.

0 Likes
Planetkimi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to add to this... Does anyone notice the responses we are getting from these reps are, "we can run a data report, find out which phone it is", or "you can set data limits with usage controls, "We don't want to lose you as a customer" but nobody will acknowledge what we are saying. IT'S THE PHONE IT'S THE PHONE IT'S THE PHONE! WE HAVE NOT CHANGED OUR DATA HABITS! WE ARE NOT GOING ON MORE! BUT WE DID HAVE TO UP OUR DATA PLAN FROM 12 TO 20 AND WE STILL HAD 5 GYG IN OVERAGES! OUR BILL HAS JUMPED FROM 450 MO TO CLOSE TO 600 MO! THE ONLY THING THAT HAS CHANGED IS THAT WE GOT IPHONE 5C'S. (Ours were new but all 6 were given to our family FREE from a phone rep) FREE turned out to be EXPENSIVE! Why won't any of the reps address that? We are not crazy! Hey Verizon, why don't you answer the question. How come ALL of us are complaining about the SAME things and we all say it started when we got our new phones and they're all iPhone 5c's? Quit dancing around the question and open your eyes! FYI, go ahead and pull up my account Verizon. You'll find we switched to Sprint. 2 weeks going from the iPhone 5c to the Galaxy Note 3. None of us have hit ONE gyg yet. Hmmmmm upped when we got the phones and went back down when we got rid of them and got new phones. We need credits to our accounts!!!!!---- Original Message

0 Likes
baybran

Well it has been 2 days now since the update on the phone that stated it may fix the problem. Hopefully this solves the problem cause now as I check the usage 2-3 times a day (which is a pain) to make sure the are no overages. It is sad that the verizon customer service people do not know about this update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

baybran, we want to help you manage your data usage and avoid overage charges. Try turning off data for applications on your device in Settings>Celluar>scroll down to apps>disable data for apps on your phone. Those apps will then only access data when your device is connected to Wi-Fi. This will definitely help with minimizing your data usage.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes