Iphone Activation Issues
pantera991
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

My friend just got her Iphone 5 and she followed all of the steps to activate her Iphone. Now all it tells her is that the phone is waiting for activation. She has been without a phone for over 24 hours now and all we get from Tech support is that there is an issue with the network and there is no estimated time of resolution.

Is this what we pay good money for Verizon service for? I understand technical issues, but she just purchased a phone for almost $500 and now can't even use the thing.

Is anyone else having issues getting their new phone to activate?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone Activation Issues
B33
Legend

No normally that doesn't happen it can on occasion though.. She might try this have her pull the Sim Card out for at least 10 min. Tell her to be very careful how she handles the Sim not to Touch the Gold area of. That area is very Sensitive to Oils and Static Electricity that Moves through out our Fingers.. and it can render the Card useless if it's touched there.. But if she's careful when removing it she can leave it out for the amount of time and then Re-install it. Then give it another Go.. Good luck b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@pantera991,

I can definitely understand your friend's frustration. I know how excited she must be to get her phone activated.

Has your friend been able to activate her phone yet? If not, I suggest contact us or taking the phone into a VZW store for assistance. Was the phone order on your friend's line or was the phone purchased on a different line and then activated on her line?

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pantera991
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply John. Yes it did activate the very next morning. So

now she is happy :-).

Now I just have to resolve my thunderbolt data connectivity issues... But

that is a different forum.

0 Likes