Iphone Newbie Question
philnamy531
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an IPad, and my husband has an Iphone. We had been using 1 itunes account for those, but now that I have my own Iphone should I start my own Itunes account?  I want to be able to get all the apps and music that I purchased on my Ipad onto my new phone. Is there a way to have seperate Itunes accounts, but be able to sync and get that stuff, while still on my own. Having 1 itunes account doesn't let us be able to use the Find my Iphone/Ipad, as it can only see one device at a time.

Any suggestions are extremely helpful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone Newbie Question
Wescyde
Contributor - Level 1

I had ITunes way before this Iphone and had a different apple ID with itunes but made a new one with my phone.  On your phone you can log out of the new one you just made.  Then sign in with the one you have been using with all your purchased music etc and download it to your phone from itunes>purchased. 

Then sign back in with your new ID and you should be good, I did this yesterday and had all my music on my phone from my other Apple ID.  Now i just plan to use the new ID for all my stuff.

Keep in mind it will be in your Music APP after you do this not itunes, movies etc may be in the videos section

0 Likes
Re: Iphone Newbie Question
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can have your own iTunes account and still use apps from your husbands account (my mother has her own yet has apps from mine since at first she didn't know how to use iTunes and I had to set up her phone). It's just that when updates are available you will have to update the apps with the password associated with that app when purchased/downloaded. As far as syncing goes, you can only sync to one iTunes account if I'm not mistaken. Now, having one iTunes account should let you use find my device regardless of how many devices you have on that account. I log into iCloud on the computer and use the find feature and it lists all of the devices associated with that account...even my old iPhone 4 that I no longer have due to a car accident. It attempts to locate all 3 devices (that old iPhone, my current iPhone, and my iPod Touch) with no problems. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying when it comes to that feature...

0 Likes
Iphone Newbie Question
philnamy531
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. i guess the new IO6 addressed the issue I thought I had...

0 Likes