Iphone5s keeps trying to send iMessage to non iPhone user and they are not getting them
Chris35rt

Here is my issue, about two weeks ago my daughter and I upgraded phones (we were both iPhone users) but this time she decided to go with the galaxy 3 for some reason when I try and send her a text it keeps trying to send it as and iMessage and she does not get it. If i go in and turn off iMessage it works turn it back on and the message will not go through. Her number was original tied to and iPhone until we upgrade could this be the issue? I have no problem texting anybody else. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone5s keeps trying to send iMessage to non iPhone user and they are not getting them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your upgrades, Chris35rt!

iMessage works by linking your Apple ID to your phone number. As you know, non Apple phones can't received iMessages and if you are no longer using an iPhone this needs to be deactivated.

If you have acess to the iPhone:
1. Ensure the phone is connected to internet or WiFi to have the changes sync with the Apple ID
2. Go to Settings>Messages>turn iMessages slider to OFF

***If you have other Apple devices (iPod, iPad, Mac) that are registered with the same number, you will need to disable iMessage on there as well to prevent messages from going there as well. ***

If you do not have access to the iPhone go to: 

1. supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do

2. Log in with your Apple ID and password
3. Select the product that you want to unregister
4. Click  'Unregister"
5.  You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again.

From there your daughter should have access to her messages once again.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Iphone5s keeps trying to send iMessage to non iPhone user and they are not getting them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your upgrades, Chris35rt!

iMessage works by linking your Apple ID to your phone number. As you know, non Apple phones can't received iMessages and if you are no longer using an iPhone this needs to be deactivated.

If you have acess to the iPhone:
1. Ensure the phone is connected to internet or WiFi to have the changes sync with the Apple ID
2. Go to Settings>Messages>turn iMessages slider to OFF

***If you have other Apple devices (iPod, iPad, Mac) that are registered with the same number, you will need to disable iMessage on there as well to prevent messages from going there as well. ***

If you do not have access to the iPhone go to: 

1. supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do

2. Log in with your Apple ID and password
3. Select the product that you want to unregister
4. Click  'Unregister"
5.  You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again.

From there your daughter should have access to her messages once again.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aforehand

That's not a good link

0 Likes