Is anyone experiencing "call failures"?
vzw0174

I'm coming from a droid x. I frequent the same locations and yet I have dropped calls that I never experienced before. Today alone I have had three dropped calls. I wanted to give the iphone a try but for me the most important feature is signal and battery life. Battery life is a topic I won't even touch...disappointed but I can live with it!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is anyone experiencing "call failures"?
Brandon4404

I am about 40 miles west of Atlanta and about 45 min ago my wife and I went from having full service(which is normal) to NO service.  Whats up with Verizon?

0 Likes
Braxis

I'm in western Ma. phone network has been down for two days.  Just got 3g back today, but still cant send or receive calls or tests.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Make sure you do the roaming tower update (a just in case) at *288.  With my iPhone 4, this seemed far more critical, than with my Droid (I've owned and used both).  This especially seemed critical just after a major update (don't know why - other than you can't disengage the Apple battery, like you can on the Droid, to force a hard reboot).

Battery life is one addressed very well on the Apple blogs - when you're reach - it's been well documented so you won't have to start from scratch (warning - it is no longer in just one place anymore...sigh).  Or feel free to repost on here in the appropriate thread, and we'll hop on to let you know the laundry list of places.  I promise you it will be worth it.  I went from watching my battery life count down like a timer, to getting 99% of it back and not feeling like I have to watch it.

0 Likes
vzw0174

I had the issues right before I made this post and I'm actually in Atlanta. Hmm maybe it's a network issue.

0 Likes
vzw0174

Thanks Pam for the information and I'll check the boards too. That definitely gives me hope! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Brandon4404

is it still doing it?  I did the 228 roaming update before I lost all service. 

we use our phones as home phones, no land line.  Makes it difficult to call customer support.

0 Likes
vzw0174

I haven't tried it but I see the little circle in the top corner with two bars. Doesn't look like the *228 works on this one though. It says "this number is not allowed". I think I read somewhere that we don't need to do that on 4g phones but if you were able to, then that can't be the case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi vzw0174,

I definitely understand wanting a phone with reliable service. You were right in mentioning that *228 doesn't work on 4G phones. To get your tower capabilities to update you can power off the phone, remove the SIM Card, re-insert and power back on. In this situation I first recommend to go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. When this finishes please turn WiFi OFF and turn ON both Voice & Data Roaming. Can you also verify that you're not using a case not authorized by Apple or VZW? These cases can interfere with signal strength. Keep us posted to whether this improves signal & call experience.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Glad to learn this - however - and this is in no way directed at you (because you mentioned this), why weren't we told this upon ordering the phone through Verizon (before it's needed)?

0 Likes