Is it possible to bring a non-Verizon unlock iPhone 5 to the Verizon network?
KenSStanley

Is it possible to bring a non-Verizon unlock iPhone 5 to the Verizon network? 

I spent over an hour and a half talking and/or waiting on Verizon customer service yesterday and another 52 minutes today.  At the end of all that, Verizon's representative told me that even though my iPhone 5 is unlocked, I can't bring it to the Verizon network.

During this time, I was told several times that my phone had to be added to the Verizon database.  Yesterday when I was told this, I was told it would take 30 to 60 minutes.  Today I was told that it might take two to three days but that even after the change to the database goes through, I still would not be able to use my phone on Verizon's network.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to bring a non-Verizon unlock iPhone 5 to the Verizon network?
Tidbits
Legend

No not possible. Verizon doesn't import IMEIs into their database. Also the unlocked iPhone 5 does not have a CDMA radio so it wouldn't connect anyway. You need to use a GSM carrier for that iPhone to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to bring a non-Verizon unlock iPhone 5 to the Verizon network?
Tidbits
Legend

No not possible. Verizon doesn't import IMEIs into their database. Also the unlocked iPhone 5 does not have a CDMA radio so it wouldn't connect anyway. You need to use a GSM carrier for that iPhone to work.

0 Likes