Is the iPhone 5 STILL out of stock in stores??
Jatwood

Nearly a month after the release date and the stores are still sold out?  When will they be getting regular shipments like Apple said would happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is the iPhone 5 STILL out of stock in stores??
B33
Legend
0 Likes
worthmentioning2u

Don't think anyone has such a clue. Being that it's in such high demand, (meaning more people want it than the quantity that was made)  many store may not get any in until either close to x-mas or thereafter.

0 Likes
cman0928
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, most Apple stores are still sold out. I was at Best Buy the other day and they too had none in stock. They had just gotten a shipment and were calling customers that had already pre-ordered and paid for their devices to come pick them up. But they had no leftover phones for immediate sale. The reason we're all waiting 3-4 weeks is actually because Foxconn, the company in China which actually makes the iPhone for Apple, has had some serious quality control issues since the iPhone 5 launched last month. Many people are complaining that their brand new phones are being shipped to them with scratches/nicks/scuffs already on the device right out of the box. Most of these marks appear to be on the bezel of the devices. It appears to happen to both the white and the black versions, but more black iPhone 5 users are complaining because the silver aluminum underneath the black coating shows up far easier when scratched than it does on the white model. But both are experiencing this issue. My best advice is be patient. Apple actually shut Foxconn down for a period of time recently, which slowed iPhone 5 production, so this exact issue could be addressed. They're really bearing down on quality control, and taking extra steps to make sure new devices don't ship with defects. I'd rather wait and get a pristine device than one that has to either be exchanged at the Apple store or through Verizon because it arrived to me already scratched.

0 Likes
hip_hop_says
Enthusiast - Level 2

apple can't 'shut down' foxconn....apple doesn't care there are units shipping in less than pristine conditions. the current apple ceo has already chalked it up to the no big whoop. the shortage has nothing to do with quality control at foxconn....i picked up a 32gb white at an apple store (Upper West Side - NYC) on Wednesday (10/10). the shortages seem to be around the 16gb models.

0 Likes
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

Feel free to check at the Palestine, TX storeSmiley Happy.  I was in today and they just got a shipment of 32GB and 64GB models in.  They said that they had to wait till a certain date before they could start selling them tho' (think it was only one or two days out).  Apparently they got a nice size shipment in as they had sold out what they had the day after release, and they had not even gotten any 64GB models in on release date.

0 Likes