Is there a 'free' early upgrade to an 5C 32GB?
ewhalen7190

I received an email saying I could upgrade my phone early to the iPhone 5C for free. I went to my local Verizon, they were out and all nearby stores were as we'll. they instructed me to go online. I did so and it was going to charge me full price, so I utilized the live chat feature. I was instructed to call support. After 40 min on the phone with support, I was told their was a system glitch and to go to the store or to call back later hoping the glitch was fixed.

I am appalled. I understand system glitches occur but nothing was done to compensate all the hoops I've jumped through, I utilized every customer service option verizon has and received nothing in return. I have never had such horrible customer service. Verizon is already higher priced than many other service providers, with horrible customer service what's the point in staying with them for 2 more years?

Has anyone successfully received this free upgrade?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "FREE" early upgrade to 5C 32GB...?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ewhalen7190,

Getting a new phone should be exciting! I am sorry for the glitches that have occurred. Please call Customer Care directly at 800-922-0204 or by dialing *611.  They can assist with all available offers on your account. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ewhalen7190,

Getting a new phone should be exciting! I am sorry for the glitches that have occurred. Please call Customer Care directly at 800-922-0204 or by dialing *611.  They can assist with all available offers on your account. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
vbrown71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to the store and they too were sold out, but were still able to process it in the computer.  However, I have to wait 2-3 weeks for someone to ship it to me which is extremely annoying.  No one bothered to tell me that.  If you go back to the store and they do this for you be prepared for a ridiculously long wait.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vbrown71,

Getting that amazing new phone is exciting and I would want to have it as quickly as possible too! I apologize for the delay. Getting a great deal on a great phone will be worth the wait, I promise!

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
vbrown71
Enthusiast - Level 1

The annoying part to me is that I was told in the store it would only be a few days.  Now when I go to check the status of the order it says the estimated ship date is 4/11 when the order was placed 3/25.  That's about 17 days; I was falsely informed.  Anyone else who decides to try this upgrade needs to be informed about the lengthy wait time.  There is no telling how much longer it will be after it is finally placed in a box and given to the mailman on 4/11 that it will actually appear on my doorstep. 

0 Likes
M2T2D2

I went into Verizon store and was told they were out and could NOT otder me one!! Why will some stores order and some will not VERIZON???????

0 Likes
gregobr8

I just spent an hour online trying to get this deal, plus a $100 credit (online offer). The phone showed back ordered until 4/25. When I reviewed the bill, it was all wrong - charges for the phone and the wrong plan. The online customer service rep reviewed my account and said the error was because I wasn't eligible for a device upgrade yet. He said I had to call and that I wouldn't get the $100 credit. I called and waited for 10 minutes, I have to hang up because of work. I plan to call and/or go to store tonight. But I hope I don't experience the same issues other users are experiencing, especially since this is the last day for the offer.

0 Likes
jeanjaws

I Did receive the free upgrade to I Phone 5c

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

Well, the issue with the iPhone 5c 32GB promotion is that it ended on 3/31/14, yesterday... Everyone should be out of them but everyone should be able to place the order for you. Currently the iPhone 5c 32GB are backordered until 4/25/14.  The promotion is overwith now anyway unfortunately. 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi M2t2d2,

Oh my! We always want you to be able to take advantage of available promotions. Where you at corporate Verizon Wireless location? We can help place the order here as well via customer service. Accept my follow and send your mobile number for account review.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes