Issue with Verizon
Hvlnat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a email for a free upgrade for a i phone 5c 32mb and  no activation charge. Called Verizon to upgrade from a standard phone to a smart phone. i was told that they have no knowledge of the I told the lady that i had deleted the email since at the time I was not interested in a upgrade but had changed my mind.

I was told it would be 49.99 for a 16mb and 30.00 for upgrade. After several hours I do not have a upgrade at no charge like the email said and after being a Verizon customer for over 10 years I will be moving to a different carrier. This is bad business practice.

Labels (2)
Re: Issue with Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hvlnat,

We don’t want to lose you as our customer! We change our promotions on an ongoing basis. I apologize on behalf of Verizon Wireless if the promotion you had wanted was no longer available. You can always check for our current available promotions by signing in to MyVerizon at verizonwireless.com .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sweathersby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem. They seem completed baffled. I told the customer service person that Verizon shouldn't put an expiration date of 9/7/14 if they plan to revoke the offer before that date. My brother has the exact same phone and plan as me and was able to get the upgrade with no issue.

0 Likes
sweathersby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the upgrade offer while I was signed into MyVerizon. "For a limited time UPGRADE to iPhone 5c 32GB FREE - You're eligible to upgrade early. Hurry, offer ends 9/7/14."

But I keep getting the response "BUT you can do the early upgrade to the EDGE program." Gee thanks?

Looks like I won't be signing up for Verizon again when my contract is up either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be happy to look closer into this offer for you sweathersby! Please follow & DM, so I can get the details needed assist further. http://vz.to/1kRBMUT

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  michelleh_vzw

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Yeah they are now out of stock of i5c 32gb.

0 Likes
sweathersby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes they contacted me and let me know that it was the specific phone. However I still would recommend that they put "until supplies last" rather than a specific date to avoid confusion and frustration.

0 Likes
sweathersby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your assistance

0 Likes