Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issues connecting to cox.net server for email
Tracy_06489

I am having problems connecting to my cox.net email server.  The server name continuously changes itself to imap and wont connect.  Not having any issues on my old iphone 4s device.  It was working though and suddenly has stopped and the server will not maintain their settings (again, I save it as smtp.east.cox.net and mysteriously it keeps reverting to imap.cox.net even after saving my changes).\

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues connecting to cox.net server for email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue, Tracy_06489. Have you completely removed the email from your phone and then try re-adding it? When you are setting up the incoming and outgoing server what information areyou inputting here?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tracy_06489

I have and I've also restored my phone. It worked after restore for another day or two and then again started to not respond. I was told by someone else I spoke with at apple that there may be a glitch and if I restore as a new phone that may resolve it rather than restoring from a backup. That means however that I will lose all my backed up stuff which I don't want to do. Have you any other suggestions?

Thanks

Tracy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for taking those extra steps, Tracy_06489. Before you try restoring your iPhone as a new device, I'd like for you to confirm the setup on your phone by referring to this link: http://bit.ly/1s8cdDq If you are still experiencing issues, there are steps towards the bottom of that page for switching from POP to IMAP for your Cox.net email account.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes