Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issues with Personal Hotspot on iPhone 5
ashelton68

I have an iPhone 5 with the latest iOS update 7.0.4.

When I enable the personal hotspot on the iPhone it does not show up in available connections on my PC.

I have searched around the web and have seen many postings about this issue and have tried many of the suggestions provided by frustrated users and experts. None of these has fixed the issue.

One suggestion:

1. Set Airplane mode off

2. Set WiFi to off

3. Set Bluetooth to off

4. go to Cellular -> Personal hotspot and if it was on turn it off for a few seconds then back on.

5. cycle WiFi on the PC.

This worked one time and only very shortly.

Another suggestion was to change the last character of my personal hotspot password then change it right back.

This also worked only once.

Very frustrating. I need this functionality for work and need some help getting this resolved. Also note I am on a business account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with Personal Hotspot on iPhone 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi ashelton68,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, let's see what's causing the problem! When did the issue begin? Are enabling the hotspot feats do other wi-fi capable devices detect the network connection? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ashelton68

Not sure exactly but have had trouble with it since I have had my phone.

No other devices see the hotspot either.

Thank you,

Aaron

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
ashelton68

Any updates to my issue?

Aaron

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi ashelton68,

We would be happy to provide an update. This issues that you've listed are common with iOS devices. Often times the device does need to be refreshed for the Mobile Hotspot feature to fully activate and become operational. I have also experienced this first hand as well. Also, a recommendation that Apple provided was that there could be an issue with how your embedded PC WIFI Card in your computer detects external devices such as Mobile Hotspots. We do recommend reaching out to Apple by contacting 800-MYAPPLE or visiting your local Apple Store located on the second floor inside Woodfield Mall. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
funnylion

Hi Matthew,

Has a solution been found for this issue? I'm encountering the same problem as the OP, but only with my PC and not my Mac. I'm not able to connect immediately through WiFi or USB on my PC, and this issue only started after switching from T-Mobile to Verizon. Surely there must be a solution from Verizon considering this involves the mobile hotspot constantly needing to be refreshed in order to show as a network connection? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

funnylion,
Let's look further into this! Have you tries troubleshooting the PC in effort to resolve this since the hotspot does work with your Mac? You mentioned you weren't able to connect immediately, does the device eventually connect or not at all? Try resetting network settings here http://vz.to/1eFK7ns and try pressing and holding the sleep/wake button at the top of the phone and the home button at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Please test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes