Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LTE kaput
Ourobouros

I didn't notice today until late in the afternoon when I tried texting a non-iPhone user. Service in my area, Murrieta, has been spotty, from 1x to 3G, and my iPhone refuses to work unless there's a wifi signal nearby.

Is anyone else experiencing a service outage in the Riverside county area of California? Elsewhere?

I checked the relevant websites, like isitdown.com to see if this wasn't a local issue. Results were varied and unclear.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LTE kaput
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ourobouros,

Here to help! No trouble found in the Riverside, California area. Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you tried resetting network settings? http://vz.to/1eJKRgm Also try a reboot before resetting the network settings.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jomac69

Me too man. Im in Tacoma Wa. My data is randomly turning off and on. cant make a call from my phone or my wifes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's make sure your performance is consistent Jomac69! I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. What is your zip code? Are you both using iPhone 5s'? Have you tried power cycling the devices(off/on)?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Andycap

I Live in Murriera also. The LTE service has gotten worse since the original post.  We used to have LTE service anywhere around the town. I've had a few phones exchanged and recently I bought a new phone.  I've had my sim changed and cycled my phone with power.  As of the last 6 months my LTE coverage has dropped severely from LTE to 3G. And in the mall, I used to have LTE. Now it drops to almost no coverage. Also, it takes forever for my calls to connect. Sometimes takes me trying 3 times before a call goes through

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Andycap,

We want you to re-gain those blazingly fast 4G LTE speeds! What make/model phone do you have? What is the zip code for Murriera? Once you leave the mall does your signal strength increase? Please provide some additional details.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Andycap

I have an iPhone 6. But the service drop was happening with my 5 and 5s. I was hoping with the upgrade the better service it would improve but it didn't. My zipcode is 92563. Service used to always be almost full LTE anywhere I drove or went in town and the last year it's gotten very spotty. Where I work is 39405 Murrieta hot springs rd 92563. It takes me 3-4 times of trying to make a call before it actually goes through and if it does go through its either crystal clear or crackly on the Line. My service never used to drop here at work and now it goes from LTE all the way down to 1x. Same thing in the temecula promenade which is only a few miles always. Service is really poor in the mall. It goes from LTE down to 1x and it never used to do that before. Service only gets better once I leave the mall if I put my phone on airplane mode and then back to service so it reloads and finds service.

Andrew

0 Likes