LTE signal weak, 3G strong
nategold1

At my house, if I have LTE enabled then I will only have 1 or 2 bars of signal.  If I turn off LTE then I have 3 or 4 bars.  Will voice calls then be worse if LTE is turned on?  Or am I switching to a further tower when LTE is on so the signal strength is lower?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LTE signal weak, 3G strong
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voice signal can have a different level of strength then the LTE network signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PeteBoston
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Nate,

See this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4329076?start=0&tstart=0

VZW Forum policy does not allow me to cross post any of the information, so you'll need to check it out directly. There are 20 pages on this topic, so make sure you have some free time before you start reading.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voice signal can have a different level of strength then the LTE network signal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nategold1

Yes what I have found is that when I get a call the signal strength with LTE on goes up to 3 bars from 1 or 2.  So perhaps for calls I can leave LTE on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because the iphone 5 can't handle voice and data at the same time, when you receive or make a phone call, the phone will shut down the LTE/data network to process the voice call.

0 Likes