Landscape View
sksdiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why doesn't the IPhone 5 rotate to landscape view in Facebook and App Store?    Very frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Landscape View
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

It depends on the app, not all apps (like Facebook and the App Store) were developed to be used in landscape view

0 Likes
sksdiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the iPhone Facebook app. is different from the Android Facebook app because I could use landscape on my Samsung Galaxy?

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

After checking the Facebook app on my iPhone, I was able to get landscape view on mine, though the App Store is portrait view only

It could be possible that you have portrait view locked, does there happen to be a padlock with a circle around it? If so, double tap the home button (square button below the screen) to open the task list, swipe to the left, and tap on the padlock on the left

0 Likes
sksdiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where do I look for the padlock?  In facebook? 

0 Likes
sksdiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok, I found it and no there is no padlock.  Bummer.   Any other suggestions.  How did you get yours to rotate to landscape?

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

Mine turns to landscape as soon as I put my phone on its side (as long as the orientation isn't locked)

Do other apps that support landscape view work? It is possible that there could be a hardware issue preventing landscape mode

0 Likes