Re: Let's see how this ends.. Verizon's integrity. This could affect YOU. **Important**
ihak
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just read that a verbal agreement is just as legally binding as a written agreement. I may have some luck in small claims court with this. They say the only problem with a verbal agreement is that it can be very difficult to prove. Fortunately I have proof that this was promised to me.

I hope Verizon steps in before it comes to that, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to hold these people accountable. They get away with bullying too many people who are helpless to do anything about it.

0 Likes
Re: Let's see how this ends.. Verizon's integrity. This could affect YOU. **Important**
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you have proof of this "verbal" agreement? If you think this discussion thread is your proof,  it is only your side of the story which a few other customers have commented on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ihak
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, not this thread. I got on chat with the sales department after the first rep promised to replace my iphone for the price of a deductible, and they were able to access the notes and confirm that the offer had been written in the notes. I had the chat transcript emailed to me.

It's clear from the chat that the agent I was chatting with got the information on the offer from the notes written on my account.

0 Likes
ihak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow.. please look here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/935613

This is somebody else's post, experiencing a very similar situation..

<Comments deleted for discussion of moderation on the pubic forum per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  Posting duplicate content across multiple discussions is also violation of the Terms of Service.  The link above referenced to an older discussion that has been thoroughly discussed.  Any further discussion about the moderator activities shall be through a Direct Message (DM) only.>

Verizon, shame on you, for treating your customers this way. Easy to get away with when the customer is helpless isn't it? Not so easy when it's out in public?

I have a feeling that this iPhone 5 is going to end up costing you a lot more than if you'd just replace my phone as you promised.

Taken from a law firm's website: A binding, legally enforceable contract can be in writing or oral (verbal). Depending on the nature of the transaction involved

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

kbark
Contributor - Level 2

Where did you originally purchase the phone?  Was it through your my verizon account, over the phone or in a store(direct or indirect)?  When you placed the order, the order should show where you selected the insurance.  Also, if it was noted on your account that you selected insurance, the reps would be able to see that.  You can do what they call an in house insurance claim with verizon.  What they do is send you the phone and charge you what the deductable would be AND the 6.99 for each month you were supposed to have the insurance.  This is only if there is documentation that it was an error on their side-your order sheet showed you added the feature or your account shows you should have had it etc.

0 Likes
ihak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, thank you very much for this info.

I purchased the phone via Verizon online, and added the insurance after the phone arrived.

That's the thing though! Verizon have already accepted and admitted it was their mistake, and that's the reason the rep told me she'd replace my phone for the cost of a deductible.

So, basically what the manager said to me, was "yeah, it's our fault that you didn't have insurance, but guess what, we're not going to help you, what are you going to do about it *points and laughs*" Okay well maybe not the point and laugh, but you get the picture.

Basically he was gloating over the fact that even though Verizon admitted fault, AND told me I'd be getting the deductible priced replacement, he had the power to dismiss me, and there's nothing I could do about it. Real child stuff.

0 Likes
lynerb226
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear you're having all these issues ihak.

I know for a fact (don't ask me how) that Customer Care supervisors do NOT care about anyone's issues.

And much like any other job, they only get promoted due to favoritism, or just generally being really rude and overbearing.

So it really doesn't surprise me at all that someone who is supposed to RESOLVE your issues dismissed it like it was pond scum on their shoe.

Although when they get you to a supervisor, you are entered into a "sup que". Just a long line of other people who are just as furious as you. You might have been the last one in that line, or anything like that. The supervisor could have been fighting with people for the past hour non-stop.

But for someone to work PHONE service at all and treat you that way under any circumstance just reflects Verizon Wireless's true nature.

0 Likes
ihak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, thanks so much for your support.. It means a lot to me just to have other empathize and relate to my situation.

I'm not a confrontational person.. I'm a great customer. I was with my last cell phone provider (Sprint) for 8 years, with zero issues. The only reason I switched to Verizon, was to get their high speed data.. big mistake so far Smiley Sad

This guy, this "manager" really seemed to be enjoying himself, basking in all of that power. It was disgusting.

0 Likes
cuskit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can understand that you feel VZW dropped the ball here. But, and this is a big BUT - why didn't you look at your bill after adding the insurance to verify they were charging you for it? You didn't reply to the poster who asked how many months you've had this phone with what you thought was an added insurance policy, so, I'll ask again - how many months before you look at your bill? Word to the wise - NEVER, EVER pay any bill without looking at it! Not your gas bill, your electric bill and certainly NEVER a Verizon bill, which fluctuates every month. I sympathize with you, but feel you need to accept some of this on your own shoulders. No, it is not our job to check on that a VZW employee does his job, but it IS our responsibility to, at the least view a monthly contracted bill to ensure we are paying a correct amount. Especially in this day and age of identity theft..

You mention in the last post here that you are a "great customer". To any company - yes, you would be a great customer if you just blindly send in a monthly check without even viewing the bill that accompanies the request for that amount. I'm sorry, but like I said, despite sympathizing with you - I feel you kinda brought this onto yourself and am now looking for somebody else to take 100% blame for it. Also, any time you visit a corporate store and get told something vital, such as a proposed monthly addition to your service - don't leave the store without written verification of said transaction. 

My feeling is that if you only had the phone a month or two - yes, VZW should honor the phone operator's verbal promise to you. But if you've had this phone for 3,5,8 or who knows how many months - sorry - it would appear you were maybe gloating yourself thinking you were insured but not having to pay the extra monthly premium for it. Which, by the way - I believe is a lot more than $6.99 for the iPhone 5. Could be wrong, don't quote me here since I don't have the Asurian insurance - I took out the ApplecarePlus. Which you cannot mistakenly "think" you have and not since it has to be paid up front and is not a small number that you would not know you are paying (or not paying)...

Last point - last time I had Asurian - they sent me a written policy explaining the terms of the insurance agreement. Have they stopped doing that?

0 Likes
lynerb226
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any progress today ihak?

Sorry I'm not contributing to a solution here! I wish there were something I could do.

Yeah it's really sad that anyone would have to put up with any kind of resistance in the first place over the phone!

You more than likely spoke with a "supervisor".

What the supervisor said is true however, there is no way to contact anyone above him since any position above that doesn't takes phone calls from customers at all.
Unless you can somehow find out who this supervisor's Office Manager is, and somehow send them a complaint directly, these people get away with any kind of behaviour.
Although honestly it's not technically VZW's fault, since as far as I'm aware all of their call centers are outsourced (within the us) and they don't directly influence the day to day activities.Then they give whatever company is doing the consulting for them general guidelines and tell them, "Okay now, go do our dirty work!"

I'll stop bugging you now just so the mods don't whack me for posting irrelevant things!
Good luck with this ihak, I really do hope this gets resolved for you!

0 Likes