Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Limited Verizon iphone functionality
bcrc

My wife and I switched from AT&T to Verizon primarily for the additional coverage areas.  What we had not expected was a reduction in functionality of our iPhone 5S.  With AT&T we could be on a phone call and look up information on the internet or access our maps.  Currently we have to disconnect from the voice call, look up the information and call the individual back.  This is very inconvenient.  Your sales representatives attempted to convince me that this was a limitation of the 5S.  This is an incorrect, misleading and false statement.  The limitation is with the Verizon service.  It does not have the capability (for the iPhones) to handle both voice and data at the same time.

I understand that there has been an attempt to resolve this issue.  Can you tell me what the current status of the VOLTE?

If this condition is not resolved prior to our contract renewal date, we will be returning to AT&T.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Limited Verizon iphone functionality
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Apple not Verizon not anyone else made the decision to not include enough radio hardware in the iPhone to allow voice and data at the same time on CDMA networks like Verizon and Sprint. This has been known since the iPhone 5 was released. VoLTE is coming, but no one on this peer to peer forum knows when Verizon will implement it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes