I am going to Japan and have an iphone5. I need to know if my Sims card is locked because I want to switch it to a different Sims card that I will rent in Japan. How can I find out whether my iPhone has a Sims card that is locked? If it is locked how do I get it unlocked?
I'm currently deployed and brought my iPhone with me. The retailer I purchased my SIM card from just had to do a bit of trimming because they did not have a nano-sim available. After the trim, I slid the SIM in and after about a minute I was receiving a 3G signal.
Keep in mind that Japan may not have CDMA based LTE so you may be only able to get 3G and WIFI.
Hey there nousson.
That is awesome that you are travelling to Japan. It's about time I travel outside of the United States and I think Japan is one of the first spots I'll visit.
If you plan on using your iPhone 5 on an international providers service, you would need to have the sim unlocked, which we can do if you meet the following qualifications:
1. You are a current Verizon Wireless Customer
2. The device being unlocked must be active on a VZW line of service.
3. The line of service must be active for at least 60 days.
4. The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
5. Customer may only have one 3G SIM unlock per line every 10 months.
If you meet these qualifications please reach out to our global support team at 1 (800)711-8300.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport