Loss of service in my apt
dav112872

I have been on the Verizon network for the past six years through my work.  It is through my work because I have to be on call and available all the time.  For all of the six years I have had perfect cell phone reception in my apartment.  Since Friday morning, the reception has alternated between one circle and "No Service". As soon as I get about a mile away from where I live, I'm back to four or five circles. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with my phone or I wouldn't get service at all. I called Verizon and went to a Verizon store. Neither were able to tell me anything about what was wrong or when - or if - it would be corrected.  I need to be reachable and am wondering if a tower is down or something like that.  Is there any way to find out.  Or to find out how long it takes to fix this type of problem?  Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Loss of service in my apt
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dav112872,

Sorry to see that you are having trouble with service in your apartment, especially when it is critical to your occupation! You wrote that service was fine until last Friday morning. Had you made any changes to your phone around that time (download an app, new case, etc)? Do you know if any other VZW mobile users are having similar issues at the same location? What zipcode are you having the problem in?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Loss of service in my apt
dav112872

Service came back Saturday night. I went to my local Verizon store on Saturday and they said that there was likely a problem with a local tower. That made sense since I had great reception in my apartment until Friday morning and I now have great reception again. And to answer your questions - I did NOT make any changes of any kind to my phone. My zip code is 19063 - I am in Middletown Borough, PA with a Media address. Thanks for reaching out but the problem has resolved.

0 Likes