Mailer for free iPhone 5c???
lolodojo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello.  So I got a flyer in the mail a week or so ago to upgrade to an iPhone 5c for free.  There was no expiration date.  I couldn't upgrade free online (cost 99 bucks) though I am eligible for upgrade.  In the retail store they said it expired "yesterday" which was 3/31/14.  I called customer care as well and they were unable to help push this offer through.  I'm so disappointed, I've been a verizon customer for over 10 years now.  It is so misleading to send out these advertisements without following through and honoring the promotion.  Has anyone else had this happen?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Mailer for free iPhone 5c???
Carrielax1

I tried several times to get this upgrade online every time It tried to charge me.  I finally contacted customer service only to be passed to three different people and finally be told the offer is expired even though the flyer I was sent has no expiration date!  I am very disappointed with verizon over this I left a feedback message stating this and no one has contacted me.  Thinking about switching to a new provider when my contract is up.  I cant believe they wont honor a promotion they sent to me because there website sucks. Mailer for free iPhone 5c???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carrielax1

Your business is very important to us, and we want to do all we can to keep you with the best network in wireless! While promotions cannot be extended past the end date, we would love to find the best option currently available for you to offer the greatest value. Have you checked out our Edge program? http://vz.to/1dLcctE

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rayjent

Yes, i received the same flyer in the mail and knew that it was legit because it had the last 4 of my cell number on the offer.  When I contacted Cust Svc they first told me that they would update my account to reflect the offer, and then when I went back to check it was not there.  So I contacted Cust Svc again and she said there is no such offer available.  I wanted to send her a copy of the flyer, but said that she couldn't do anything to help me!!  Very disappointed that VZW would mislead their customers this way!  I have been with them for 20+ years!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Take that flyer and or email and file a complaint with you State Attorney Generals Office. Consumer Frauds and Protections division if they have one. States love it when they have written offers that are not given. Means heavy fines for Verizon Wireless etc.

Also complain to http://www.bbb.org and let Verizon call you and fix the issues. If you have a consumer protection board or Public Utilities Commission you could also file charges there.

Don't make it easy for them to get away with just lying to you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I;m sorry you were unable to receive the promotion you received rayjent. Did you stop by a store location to have it physically evaluated so you could use it? Was the flyer expired and when did you call us about the flyer? We want to review your account to check what options you have available. You can send us a private message and we can star there.

Kinquanah_VZw
follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes