Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missing back-arrow, create-mail icons in e-mail message windows.
SilverSpringRob

Running my new iPhone5 with iOS 6.1.4, I've just noticed that my open e-mail messages are missing the back-arrow icon to tap for forwarding or the little document icon to create a new e-mail message, as well as the folder and flag icons. I have them on my iPad2 mail app, but they don't show up on my iPhone e-mail.  In other words, I seem to have no way to send e-mail from my iPhone.  Anyone have any suggestions? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing back-arrow, create-mail icons in e-mail message windows.
SilverSpringRob

With help from Verizon Wireless support, I can answer my own question.  The tool icon bar that displays at the bottom of an open email message had indeed gone missing, probably the result of a recent automatic software update.  All I needed to do was a soft reset. I held down both the power button on the top right edge of the phone AND the home button, for about 5 seconds, or until the screen went black and the white Apple logo appeared.  In a few seconds, the phone restarted, and when I went back into my Mail app, the email tool bar was back where it belongs at the bottom of the email message window.  Thanks to Josh at Verizon Wireless support!

0 Likes