Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mixup? - 2 5s Mon: G16 Apple has rt phn#; opend S16 VZW wrg phn#
shellbelle07

Can I activate the Silver VZW 5s on the same line/# as my iPad? (Then, have VZW switch to my old phn# later?)

Verizon goofed up my Apple iPhone 5S Gold 16GB order (ordered via Apple store online 9/24 & arrived 10/14 PM via UPS).

Verizon sent me a Silver 16GB via FedEx, first-it got here Mon AM, barely 2 hours before the Gold Apple 5s.

I was charged $199 each; the Silver 16 VZW has the phone # of my iPad, not my cell #.

Can I activate the Silver VZW phn on the same # of my iPad?

Then, have VZW fix/put my old phn # to the then shared (iPad/new iPhone 5S) #?

Even though I didn't order the Silver VZW 5s, I want to return the Gold Apple phn...

- only cuz I opened the Silver VZW phn 1st & VZW CHARGES $ for returns

- while Apple's returns are FREE.

What's easier?:  Activate Silver VZW 16GB 5s on the SAME # that my iPad is on...& have VZW move my old phnz # to the 5s later?

OR

Activate the Gold Apple 16GB (How? Via My Verizon?) on the CORRECT phn # & get VZW to take back their goofed up order,

hoping I get a decent MGR to reverse the RETURN fee?

I opened the VZW Silverz shrink wrap not realizing that VZW has the wrong phn # on its SIM.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Mixup? - 2 5s Mon: G16 Apple has rt phn#; opend S16 VZW wrg phn#
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Dear Shellbelle07,

Good afternoon. Congrats on the purchase of your new iPhone 5s. That's an awesome device! I would be happy to clarify the activation of your new phone. I understand two phones arrived. Please activate the iPhone that came with your actual mobile number and not the iPad number. Unfortunatley, we are unable to activate the iPhone 5s to replace the iPad line. If this was a VZW error in sending the iPhone on the wrong line, we would be happy to ensure you are not billed a restocking fee. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Mixup? - 2 5s Mon: G16 Apple has rt phn#; opend S16 VZW wrg phn#
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Dear Shellbelle07,

Good afternoon. Congrats on the purchase of your new iPhone 5s. That's an awesome device! I would be happy to clarify the activation of your new phone. I understand two phones arrived. Please activate the iPhone that came with your actual mobile number and not the iPad number. Unfortunatley, we are unable to activate the iPhone 5s to replace the iPad line. If this was a VZW error in sending the iPhone on the wrong line, we would be happy to ensure you are not billed a restocking fee. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes