My Iphone 5S cannot hear a ring when making a phone call?
Kiatechnician

Everytime im making a phone call i could not hear the person i'm contacting. I have to put on speaker to hear the person im talking to.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Iphone 5S cannot hear a ring when making a phone call?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kiatechnician,

This is not how we want your iPhone 5S working. Let's see if we can get it going for you. Just need a little more info from you:  How long has your device been like this? Are you able to hear anything when you play any music or videos without putting on speaker? Is there any physical damage to the device? (cracks, water damage, corrosion)

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kiatechnician

no water damaged, no physical damaged. it just stopped working. i can still hear music from the speaker. the phone is not even a year old. bought it last november 2014.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I've read on here that some folks have had similar issues.  Try doing a hard reset...its been reported here on the forum that doing so has restored functionality for some.  If you're still having a problem after that...I'd take it to the Apple Store.  Since you just purchased it 11/2014 then you're still covered under Apple's warranty.

0 Likes
ddlovato
Enthusiast - Level 3

the software on your phone may be off, try connecting the phone to iTunes to perform a rest and ensure that the software is up to date

0 Likes