My device was stolen and I did a total erase and lock remotely. Will the sim card still work?
maryrosebear

iPhone 5s was lost/stolen. i remotely did total erase and lock.  Was SIM card erased?.

Same night as it disappeared I traced it to a house about 8 blocks away.   I sent a lock mode message with my land line number.  He/she immediately turned the phone off.   Then intent a total erase command, which was executed when the phone was turned on the next morning.  After a couple of days I got a call from a woman 75 miles away, saying she could return it tomorrow and inquiring if there was a "reward."  I would give a reward, but it sounded more like a ransom, so I declined to promise anything.

Maybe she will return it,  We'll see how that goes.  Meanwhile I am wondering if the SIM card is still working and if she can get at it.  Any advice?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5s stolen. i remotely did total erase and lock. Was SIM card erased?.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yes and yes. You should call customer service and report stolen. Once done it can't be used.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s stolen. i remotely did total erase and lock. Was SIM card erased?.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yes and yes. You should call customer service and report stolen. Once done it can't be used.

0 Likes