Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
My device was stolen and I did a total erase and lock remotely. Will the sim card still work?
maryrosebear

iPhone 5s was lost/stolen. i remotely did total erase and lock.  Was SIM card erased?.

Same night as it disappeared I traced it to a house about 8 blocks away.   I sent a lock mode message with my land line number.  He/she immediately turned the phone off.   Then intent a total erase command, which was executed when the phone was turned on the next morning.  After a couple of days I got a call from a woman 75 miles away, saying she could return it tomorrow and inquiring if there was a "reward."  I would give a reward, but it sounded more like a ransom, so I declined to promise anything.

Maybe she will return it,  We'll see how that goes.  Meanwhile I am wondering if the SIM card is still working and if she can get at it.  Any advice?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: iPhone 5s stolen. i remotely did total erase and lock. Was SIM card erased?.
pherson
Leader

Yes and yes. You should call customer service and report stolen. Once done it can't be used.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s stolen. i remotely did total erase and lock. Was SIM card erased?.
pherson
Leader

Yes and yes. You should call customer service and report stolen. Once done it can't be used.

0 Likes