Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My iPhone 5 bluetooth turns off my u-connect in my '09 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Anyone else have this issue?
PhysmasterP

I successfully used my previous LG & Samsung phones with the Bluetooth on this vehicle.  Last November I got my first iPhone & haven't been handsfree since!  After the upgrade to ios7 the Bluetooth was automatically turned on, and as soon as I drove my car down the road the whole radio system cycled thru 3 on/off sequences before I realized that the Bluetooth was turned on. As soon as I shut off the blue tooth on the phone the problem stopped.  The radio/uconnect system pairs the phones & recognizes "Patricia's e-phone" in that robot voice, but only stays on for about 30 seconds before it cycles thru the shutdown sequence.

Chrysler sent me a free cd upgrade for iPhone 4 that didn't help, but the local dealership wants to start troubleshooting for $149.  I've mentioned the problem in a couple of different Vzn stores & asked in my class, but no one has heard of this problem.  I've seen it listed on some Chrysler forums as a 'known issue' but I'm not tech savvy enough to understand what it meant, but that's the link that produced the free upgrade cd for iPhone 4.  I've visited the genius bar at an Apple store but they just wanted me to share the drugs that were causing me to have these hallucinations.

Thanks for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes