My iPhone 5S camera stopped working?
elizabethrose34

Hi, my iPhone 5S' camera recently just stopped working. Either the screen will go black and I won't be able to change from one camera to the other or it will be very blurry with only a faint outline of what the screen should look like. Occasionally, my front camera will start to work, but as soon as I click to switch to the main camera the glitch occurs again. As someone who uses my phone's camera very often, this is very frustrating, especially since it occurred randomly. Does anyone know if I can go to Apple or Verizon to get my phone fixed or get a replacement? Or do I need a new phone to fix this issue? My phone is only a year old and since it is a high-quality device from a world-renowned corporation, I don't feel like I should need to go out and purchase a new device.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 5S camera stopped working?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to have a working camera, elizabethrose34. Has there been any changes to the device recently that may have caused this issue? Is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Have you tried powering the device off and back on to see if the camera will work again?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
singsing76

The exact same thing happened to my camera..less than 1 year old...I restored to factory settings plus did hard restart multiple times..nothing helps..I have taken excellent care of this phone..I am furious..new grandson being born TODAY and I need my camera!!! am taking to Verizon ..Need replacement phone that works ASAP..anyone else have an answer to this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to get your camera working so you can capture your grandson being born singsing76! May I ask have is there any liquid/physical damage to the device or the camera? Also, are you using the stock camera app? Do you have your info backed up on either iCloud, Verizon Cloud, or on iTunes using a computer? I would suggest setting up your iPhone as new and see if the camera works then. If so then you can take pi of your grandson being born then save the pics and restore your info at a later time.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes