My iphone 5 is carrier locked to verizon
angelicaclaire

So I bought a iPhone 5 from my friend, and he told me that the verizon iphone 5 is unlocked so I could use it on any network.

However, when i checked with Apple, they told me that the verizon iphone 5 i bought is carrier locked to verizon.

So I called and asked them to unlock it from the network, and I was immediately refused multiple times.

I am really stuck on what I can do at this point... could anyone in the verizon community care to help me out?
It would save me tons of time and work. Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iphone 5 is carrier locked to verizon
MannyLNJ

The Verizon Phone is a CDMA.LTE phone you can't bring it to a different carrier like you can a GSM phone.

0 Likes
Re: My iphone 5 is carrier locked to verizon
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you tried using a SIM from a different carrier? I know that Apple says it is carrier locked, but there are several instances on these forums where people have "claimed" to have been able to use a different carrier with a Verizon iPhone. I assume you have service with a different provider. Just get a SIM card from them and try it in your phone.

This would not be able to work the other way around, though. Verizon iPhones have both CDMA and GSM radios, where GSM carrier iPhones do not have the CDMA radio.

Hopefully this will work for you, however if it does not, you will have to bring it up with your "friend". It was his mistake. You could sell the phone on a site such as Swappa.com.

0 Likes