My iphone 5c will only charge 1/4 of the time and right after it's powered off.
jonmaples

It's been happening for about 2 months and it's getting worse.  I've gone back to using the originaly issued charge cord and walljack, but even then I have to power the phone off wait 10-15 seconds and then plug it in and only a quarter of the time will it register that it's plugged in and start charging.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My iphone 5c will only charge 1/4 of the time and right after it's powered off.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Obiously charging a phone is a required part of your service.  When did you start having this problem?  Has the phone suffered any physical damage?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My iphone 5c will only charge 1/4 of the time and right after it's powered off.
jonmaples

It's been getting progressively worse for about 2 months. I don't recall any significant physical damage being done.  It works fine when charged, it just takes multiple attempts to get the phone to register that it's plugged in.  I've run through every recommendation I've found on the internet. It's up to date on the OS, and applications.  I even did a factory reset and tried it without any third party applications loaded and it still has the same issue.

Jon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jonmaples-

Having a good battery life is certainly important. Let's work together on a solution to your charging concerns. Have you also tried using a brand new charger and wall connector to ensure this is not a device issue? Has the phone been dropped or does it have any liquid or corrosion damage?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jonmaples

I have used multiple charging cords and wall units, which I have also tested with my wife's Iphone 5c.  They all work as expected for her phone.  Most of them will not even register with my phone and the few that do have the same issue of having to power off the phone and and then plug it in to get the cord to recognize sometimes.  There is no known or visiable liquid or corrosion damage.  I'm located in Rochester, MN now having moved in the last month.  Is there a local store that would be able to look at the phone?

Jon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting. Yes, there are 2 stores in that area, check here for more details: http://spr.ly/6587BkTdt

TylerK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes