My iphone is possessed!
asmiskey13

I had my screen professionally replaced at the end of May and about a month and a half later, it started to open and close apps, typing and calling people on its own. It does it both in and out of the case, I have cleaned the screen and even factory reset the phone, still does it. It happens randomly and when it does it makes the phone impossible to use. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iphone is possessed!
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like the screen is touch-sensitive, perhaps it is loose or the digitizer wasn't completely installed correctly and over the past weeks, vibrations may have loosened the insides.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Was it replaced by an Apple store? My guess is there is probably some type of limited warranty on the work. I would take it back to them to diagnose.

0 Likes
kathyzac
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter's new iPhone 6 is doing the same thing. Brand new phone. We took it by a verizon store and they offered no help almost treated us like it's not a problem. It's brand new. I will be getting a refund if there is not help for this soon. I think it's a software glitch on this phone, there are several post online of other phones doing the same thing. I want this repaired or replaced. what do I do.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If the phone is new and within the 14 day return period take it back to the store and have them exchange it with a new one. If you're past the 14 days then visit your local Apple Store (if you have one). Or call Apple for support. They will diagnos the device and if it's a hardware issue they will replace under warranty. I assume you have done the basic (made sure the iOS is up to date. Reset, restart, and restore).

0 Likes
kathyzac
Enthusiast - Level 2

We got it on the 10th and we were in the store before the 14 days were up and did everything they told us to do. Now it's past the 14 days and the phone has not quit with the possession.

0 Likes
kathyzac
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is the 19th day!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will only be able to get a warranty replacement then. Like I said before, if you have an Apple Store in your area go there. Otherwise you will have to deal with Verizon. If you were having issues before the return period ended and realized it was continuing you should have told them you wanted to swap it for a new one.