Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My iphone5 screen stopped working and the only button that now seems to work is the volume. Is there a way to remove the battery/power source to do a cold reboot? Out of town and really need support to get restarted.
rgloving

Is there a way to remove the battery/power source and cold reboot the iphone 5. My screen and all buttons except volume seemed to have stopped responding. I am out of town and need to get this thing working.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iphone5 screen stopped working and the only button that now seems to work is the volume. Is there a way to remove the battery/power source to do a cold reboot? Out of town and really need support to get restarted.
Not applicable

There is no removable battery in an iPhone 5s

However you may even if you believe the phone is disabled be able to hold down the on/off button at top right of the phone and the large center App button on bottom together and hold them down until the white apple logo appears on the screen. Then release both and see if the device resets.

http://www.apple.com/support

For further suggestions. If under warranty go into any apple store world wide and they will take care of you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: My iphone5 screen stopped working and the only button that now seems to work is the volume. Is there a way to remove the battery/power source to do a cold reboot? Out of town and really need support to get restarted.
rgloving

Thanks! Still working on it.

0 Likes