My new iphone5S is locked
wwhecho

I'm a customer in China ,I have no choice but search for your help.

Here's the thing. My friend bought a new iphone5S(Verizon) in USA for me some days ago.Then he came back to China and gave it to me. Unfortunately,I tried again and again to activate it, but failed each time. Then I asked someone to help me to search the Activation Policy of this phone,he has permission to search in the Global Service Exchange System of Apple.The result shows that the phone is locked now(Activation Policy ID:2020).I don't know why.My friend told me that all the iphone5S of Verizon are unlocked. I will very much appreciate you helping me to make sure whether the phone is locked for some reason or by mistake.Thank you very much!

(SN.:<<removed>>)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My new iphone5S is locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, wwhecho! Thanks for reaching out to us about you iPhone 5s. Although I do wish I could agree with your friend, your device is intended for use on the Verizon Wireless network. Unless you're an active customer, I'm not able to help you with it. I recommend contacting your local wireless carrier to discuss your device options. Good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My new iphone5S is locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, wwhecho! Thanks for reaching out to us about you iPhone 5s. Although I do wish I could agree with your friend, your device is intended for use on the Verizon Wireless network. Unless you're an active customer, I'm not able to help you with it. I recommend contacting your local wireless carrier to discuss your device options. Good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes