My old messages (from Messaging) didn't transfer to my new 5c from my old 4s. I've searched everywhere in "Settings" that I can think of with no luck. All my husband's old messages came along (same type phones involved). Thanks.
zinmac
Enthusiast - Level 1

My old messages (from Messaging) didn't transfer to my new 5c from my old 4s.  I've searched everywhere in "Settings" that I can think of with no luck.  All my husband's old messages came along (same type phones involved).  Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My old messages (from Messaging) didn't transfer to my new 5c from my old 4s. I've searched everywhere in "Settings" that I can think of with no luck. All my husband's old messages came along (same type phones involved). Thanks.
zinmac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Candice H

All is well. I have my messages. I feel better. Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My old messages (from Messaging) didn't transfer to my new 5c from my old 4s.  I've searched everywhere in "Settings" that I can think of with no luck.  All my husband's old messages came along (same type phones involved).  Thanks.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zinmac,

We certainly understand how important it is to be able to retain the text messages that you send and receive on your phones. We will work to see if we can get those items back for you. Do you still have the 4s available or was it traded in? How did you back up your data on the iPhone 4s before activating the new phone? By knowing if you backed up the data via iCloud or iTunes will help with finding some solutions to fixing this for you. Please keep us posted.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My old messages (from Messaging) didn't transfer to my new 5c from my old 4s. I've searched everywhere in "Settings" that I can think of with no luck. All my husband's old messages came along (same type phones involved). Thanks.
zinmac
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Candice H

All is well. I have my messages. I feel better. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Re: My old messages (from Messaging) didn't transfer to my new 5c from my old 4s.  I've searched everywhere in "Settings" that I can think of with no luck.  All my husband's old messages came along (same type phones involved).  Thanks.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! I am glad to hear that it all worked out!

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes