My phone fell in the toilet today.
joie501
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone fell in the toilet today.  Everything was working except for the ringer volume.  I got it in rice about 1.5 hours after it fell.  Is this covered through insurance to replace my phone? What should I do next/back up the phone? Help! 😕

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone fell in the toilet today.
B33
Legend

I agree with the above but I've never dropped mine in.. If ya already have  insurance established on the phone Say like T.E.C. and I'll include the Links you should be ok you can either File a claim through your Local Verizon Corporate store or Call Asurion..  Here's the Links to Each,   Hope this Helps.. b33

Here is Asurion Link

Mobile Protection Insurance - Technology Warranty Support | Asurion

And here is Verizon's

Total Equipment Coverage & Asurion Phone Insurance - Why It’s Worth It

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should have left it in rice for a minimum of 24 hours and over 48 hours would be better.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I agree with the above but I've never dropped mine in.. If ya already have  insurance established on the phone Say like T.E.C. and I'll include the Links you should be ok you can either File a claim through your Local Verizon Corporate store or Call Asurion..  Here's the Links to Each,   Hope this Helps.. b33

Here is Asurion Link

Mobile Protection Insurance - Technology Warranty Support | Asurion

And here is Verizon's

Total Equipment Coverage & Asurion Phone Insurance - Why It’s Worth It

0 Likes
joie501
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I put in a claim through insurance will I have to pay for a new phone? That is what I am trying to avoid.  Also, do you know if it will work after the 48 hours and then eventually stop or once it works it will work for a while? Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
joie501
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! It is currently still in the rice.  I will leave it in for a few days Smiley Happy

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well on the working it's hard to say it depends on a few factors how Quick it was removed from the water, did the water get to the internals some phones can take a drop in the water if you remove them Quickly.. Can you see any condensation under the glass?  if you have to use a flash light to see it use that.. rather than powering up your phone

If you see some moisture..  more in Likely water is near the Board and water and Circuit boards don't play too nice together.. As Ann154 pointed out the longer the phone is in the Rice the better the chance all the moisture is drawn out..

On the Claim that is also a thing I can't say how much it is..  they'll charge you..  it depends on the insurance you currently have on your iPhone,  Verizon Customer service can tell you.. or if can go to your nearest store and have them look that up for you Don't use your phone to call as you could possibly short circuit the board and if that happens your up the creek

Just to add  this is what I would do if you have another Device that you can use to Call Verizon Customer Service give them a Call when they ask for your account give the Rep all you Information that they ask for so then they can Determine what is needed for ya..

Here is Verizon's Customer Service Number  1-800-922-0204  or  you can call from a Cell at *611

0 Likes
joie501
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! So far I do not see any moisture under the screen.  It dropped and I picked it up in about 4 seconds (with a cover on it).I will continue to leave it in the rice (face down?) for a few days.  I will also call Verizon to see how much it would be if I did put in a claim and went through insurance.  I pay about $10 a month for the insurance but I am unsure what the coverage is. 

B33
Legend

Hey that sounds Great,  I have close to the same Coverage as you mentioned so as for accidental slips in the Water you should be well covered to get another iPhone if yours should fail to work properly.. And calling Verizon is the best bet..

Good Luck and Let us know here what the outcome is..  Have a good evening.  b33

0 Likes
MAD21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Traded my I4s for a MotoG. It is almost unbreakable and is water resistant. Faster than iPhone. Under $150 to buy.  Dump your Chinese iPhone and buy American

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MAD2 wrote:

Traded my I4s for a MotoG. It is almost unbreakable and is water resistant. Faster than iPhone. Under $150 to buy.  Dump your Chinese iPhone and buy American

You have heard Lenovo (a Chinese company) is purchasing Motorola?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes