My phone keeps dropping calls when I'm sitting in my living room.
72hugs

My phone keeps dropping calls when I'm sitting in my living room.  What could be causing this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My phone keeps dropping calls when I'm sitting in my living room.
Weth
Legend

What is your signal in your living room where you sit? This is usually caused by marginal signal.

0 Likes
72hugs

I have 1 or 2 dots and all 3 of the signal bands are lit up.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

72hugs, that is not the service experience we want you to have! You deserve stellar service and we want to get to the bottom of this for you. Let's take a deeper look into this together to see what's going on. How long has this been happening? Is this affecting just your phone or others that are in your area? Is this happening everywhere? Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
72hugs

This has been happening ever since I got my 5c. It happens at my house and at work (5 blocks away from each other). I'm not on my phone a lot while I'm outside, so I notice it inside most of the time. I understand when I am driving that there are certain areas that always drop a call, but when I am sitting in my living room I do not understand why I could be on the phone for 20 minutes, and then all of a sudden it drops the call. My cell signal is usually at 1 or 2 dots no matter where I am. I very rarely see it above that.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

72hugs - Let's pick those dropped calls. Where you able to make calls in the same spot before? When did the issue begin? Do you have the same issue with other Verizon Wireless devices in the same spot?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
72hugs

As I said above. This has been happening since I got my iPhone 5C. I did not have any iPhone before. I make calls all the time from my living room. I do not have any other Verizon Wireless devices. I never have a good signal on my phone.

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

72hugs,

You have provided some great information. Thanks so much. Let’s continue to investigate. Do you currently have a case on your device? Has there been any recent updates to your device (software related)? Any moisture or physical damage to the device?

With your phone dropping a call when sitting in one location, it could be due to a number of reasons. One thing with cell phone technology is that your calls gets “handed off” to towers in the area. ( this means your call may start on one tower and then gets passed on to the other tower in the area.) That is why we build more than one tower to help is allowing enough cellular traffic to flow. During that process a call may drop. But if on phone 20 minutes and then the calls drops, that is not a bad thing at all. Dropping as soon as you connect a call is what would cause concern.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
72hugs

My reception is the same whether I have the case on or off. There is no moisture damage to the phone. The reception has been the same since I got the phone brand new. Before and after any updates.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes