My son is getting copied in on my IMs? How can I stop that?
AnnieRicks

I just broke down and upgraded to the new software. Now my son is getting copied on my IMs. This is very awkward.  Thankfully I figure this out before my husband and I embarrassed him with our messages to one another.  He gets my IMs from everyone, not just people in our Apple ID network in the family. I don't get his IMs (thank goodness). Can anyone help??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My son is getting copied in on my IMs? How can I stop that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this AnnieRicks! Do you and your son have the same Apple ID? If so, I suggest one of your create your own Apple ID or turn off iMessage. You can also navigate to Settings>Messages>iMessage>Send & Receive>You will then see all Apple IDs you can be reached at. Please uncheck any previously shared ID.  This will stop the shared messages as well. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this AnnieRicks! Do you and your son have the same Apple ID? If so, I suggest one of your create your own Apple ID or turn off iMessage. You can also navigate to Settings>Messages>iMessage>Send & Receive>You will then see all Apple IDs you can be reached at. Please uncheck any previously shared ID.  This will stop the shared messages as well. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AnnieRicks

We have checked both phones under settings, messages, send and receive. We do not have each other's numbers checked. If we change to another Apple Aid! We will lose all the iCloud things we share. When is Apple going to get a patch for all the problems with this new ISO. we did t have any of these problems until I updated to ISO 7.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AnnieRicks!

Let's figure this out! It seems that though your numbers aren't checked when you check the previously posted steps, but it seems that you do share an Apple ID. The only way for the messages to stop duplicating is for one of you to change the Apple ID. If you want to keep the same Apple ID, your son can turn off iMessage, and if you only send SMS, not iMessages, they won't be duplicated.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes