My wife's iPhone 5c 8GB will not connect to our Home WiFi now.
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

1. My wife's iPhone 5c 8GB will not connect to our Home WiFi now. Yes, our router is on and we are within range. Yes, we made sure that WiFi is on and that we can see our network. No, we where not prompted to type in our WiFi password. Yes, we made sure that our router is connected to the modem and turned on. Yes, we did restart her iPhone, router, DSL modem, via restart her iOS device, unplug our router and plug it back in, and unplug our DSL modem and plug it back in again. Moreover, we did reset her phone's Network Settings, and so forth.

2. From a settings view point everything looks okay and correct. Yet when she try to use Skype, or any other APP requiring internet access, we get an error message telling us that we need to turn on Cellular Data Usage. .

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My wife's iPhone 5c 8GB will not connect to our Home WiFi now.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did she recently upgrade her iOS to the latest update? (v8.3). If she hasn't she might want to try doing that since it says its supposed to address issues with wifi connection. I personally have not updated yet only because I don't have any issues on my iPhone and I always wait to update unless something is wrong with my phone and the update is the only thing I haven't tried to fix the issue.

Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for your reply. No, she has not upgrade her iOS to v8.3 yet. Yes, I have offer to do so for her earlier this month. But she did not want me to do so right then. Now, we are less than 0.5GB away from our shared Data Usage Allowance of 6GB for this billing cycle, and we have another week to go before it ends. Therefore, she does not want me to do anything that might cause us to go over the allowance. Luckily, my phone does not use any of our shared Data Usage Allowance, and it has not since 26 October, 2014. In which case, I only have to worry about just her iPhone.

0 Likes
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

Also we did have her iPhone connected to a power source, to prevent it from going dormant and disconnecting the WiFi network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Eadur

Thank you for the additional information! I know how important it is that your phone connects to WiFi properly to avoid any overages on the account. However, one of the troubleshooting steps would be to make sure that the phones Software is up to date, is your wife able to connect to other WiFi Networks? When did this start? Have you downloaded any applications recently that might of caused this to occur? 

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes