NETWORK ISSUES - IS THE NETWORK DOWN?
albany1234

I am not receiving either LTE or 3G. There is a 1x showing for my connectivity. Is the network down? My zip code is 12801. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: NETWORK ISSUES - IS THE NETWORK DOWN?
rcschnoor
Legend

Obviously if you have 1x showing, the network is not down, at least not completely.

0 Likes
albany1234

What other reason would it be that in a place where I normally have LTE coverage all day is only showing 1x? I have only had 1x for the past 2 hours.

0 Likes
Not applicable

A few days ago I noticed my iPhone 5s was switching between 1x, 3G, 4G and LTE after I did the Apple iOS update.

I found that the cellular and data roaming was set to on in my settings. Once I turned it off my connection went back to LTE.

Check your settings.

Good Luck

0 Likes
albany1234

Thanks Elector -

I tried doing that but once I turn off cellular data I have no coverage what so ever...This is really starting to bother me. Verizon gives me nothing but headaches!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maintenance or tower upgrades could reduce the network level and type available to customers for a period of time.

Try rebooting the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
albany1234

Hi Ann - thanks for the response. I rebooted the phone twice. Work colleagues who also have verizon are teling me that they are running on LTE at the moment. Not sure what to do next...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Don't turn off Cellular, turn off "Cellular Data Roaming" two different things.

Another trick is to turn on Airplane Mode wait a few minutes then switch it off.

Settings-Cellular-Enable LTE-Roaming should be off for Voice Roaming, Data Roaming and International CDMA

Good Luck

0 Likes
albany1234

Elector - thank you for the advice...still nothing after trying your suggestions. This is effecting my work at this point. I'm at a loss...thanks for all of the help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

One more suggestion, turn the device off. Remove the Sim card and place it back into the device. Start the phone and see if it works again.

You can also since you are in my area go to the Corporate Store at 1770 Central Avenue and have them swap out the Sim card.

Good Luck

0 Likes