Need to recover phone even though touch screen does not respond
LIV2BMP

Hello,

I am in a bit of a bind.  My 5S stopped responding to touch yesterday and has vertical line.  The home button and top button both work.  I opened the phone and confirmed all connections were secure but no difference, well since I had to power down now I am suppose to type in my password which can not be done without the touch screen, so now I can not even use Siri.

I need to see if I can get back to at least being able to activate Siri.

If I am stuck in this state, does anyone know if I carry the phone in to Verizon if they can at least back up the data or something?  If I try to sync the computer wants me to confirm something on the phone but I can not access display.

Thanks in advance,

Tino

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Need to recover phone even though touch screen does not respond
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIV2BMP, When the touch screen goes out, that can cause some grief. I will guide you to a resolution. When was the last time you backed up your phone? Was it through iCloud or your computer?
TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LIV2BMP

Hello, Thanks for taking the time.  icloud was set to regularly back up photos but last full back up to my computer was about 6 months ago, and unfortunately that computer also failed and was restored.  I did talk to V_Support and ordered a replacement phone that he says I should be able to transfer the data to even with the existing issue, so we will see on Friday when the phone arrives and he calls to assist with that recovery.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIV2BMP, I can relate with the back up situation. I needed to restore a laptop, and lost one of my backups as well. Luckily, I did switch to iCloud and was able to recover a good portion of my content. So I am happy to see you were able to do the same.

One thing did catch my eye though. You mentioned that you opened your iPhone, through your first post. It is very likely that this has voided your warranty, and if you ship your phone back in to us, (and keep the replacement) it will result in a damaged device fee.Which is between $199.99/$299.99.

I highly recommend that you return the replacement phone we sent you, and if you have a local Apple Store, http://spr.ly/6582BKilw that you please stop by and have them review over your phone.

They may be able to assist with your phone, and or possibly repair it. I just do not want you to have that charged assessed to you, as it is a high amount.

If you did open your phone, and have insurance, (and the Apple Store cannot help) I highly recommend using insurance to replace your phone.

http://spr.ly/6583BKilb

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes