New Verizon Customer, Preorder iPhone 5?
infoman96

Hello all, I hope those who read this are doing well. To cut to the chase, I'm thinking about Preordering the iPhone 5 tonight but I have a few questions before I do that. First things first is the bill, I plan on having a individual account with unlimited talk and text with 1 GB of data usage ($50 monthly), and full-coverage warranty ($9.99 monthly). I understand that the first bill is always pretty high but I just want to know my estimated billing per month? The second question is, when will I recieve this bill most likely? The phone would ship out 10/05/2012 so does Verizon charge:

A.)  during the duration I didn't have the phone

B.) it charges for the month of September and October on my first bill

C.) it charges for only the month of September then another bill comes later that month for October

I know that probably felt like a quiz but I just really need to know what I'm getting into before going in, into a 2-year agreement with Verizon. I honestly don't believe it would be fair to make me pay for September if I didn't have the device yet, but I can understand if they made me pay for October in advance.

Thank you for your answers in advance and have a great night.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Verizon Customer, Preorder iPhone 5?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You forgot the line access fee in your calculations. It's $40 per smartphone on the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

Don't think they'll make you pay for service you haven't used. But never know. Better to call an associate with Verizon and order with them so you can get all your questions answered accurately. Also for the service it will be the charge for the package you want and on top of that another 40bucks to have the smart phone to the plan. And you'd be able to add another phone if you wanted to for another 40 that's how the share everything plan works. And ten you'll pay the additional 8.99 for he insurance. hope this helps

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and welcome Infoman96!

I truly hope all went well with your order and you had all of your questions answered.  I wouldn't be able to see your billing information without accessing your account.

If you still have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
infoman96

Thank you for the response, unfortunately (and fortunately I guess lol) I'm a new customer and my order is still being processed so I'm not able to view my account at the moment. I have a phone number already, but the Verizon site says it needs to be activated by the phone before I can access it. (Bummer) But anyways I believe my bill came up to $100 and some change per month, so I plan on adding a additional line for a iPhone 4 for my mother but will that be possible to do now or do have to wait until the future or what? I think if I added her the bill would be $150 per month so we'd split that and save us both a little cash. But anyways thank you for the help and hopefully another response.

-Demtetrius/Infoman96

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Your bill would be $99.99 plus whatever taxes (I would estimate maybe $6-$8 in taxes/fees). $40(phone), $50 (1GB Data), $9.99 (warranty). If you add your mother and she gets a smartphone that would be another $40/month. Remember you both will be sharing the 1GB data so be sure you have enough. Or, she could get a basic phone for $30/month if she doesn't plan on using all the fancy smartphone features. See the attached file for breakdown.

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/pdf/verizon_share_everything_plan_details.pdf

Your billing should not begin until you receive and activate your phone. if it's in the middle of their billing cycle then you would be charged for whatever it is remaining for the current cycle plus the next billing cycle. For example, my current billing cycles is something like Sept 10th - Oct. 9th. You she be able to call at anytime (even before receiving your phone) and be able to get your mom one if you wanted and her phone will start billing once it is received and activated.

I don't work for VZW obviously but this is my understanding of how billing would work. If any any time you want to add/change your plan (like adding more data), the new cost would pro-rate from the day you make that change.

0 Likes