New sim card
Tyler306

If I have a iPhone and my phone isn't paid for but it is deactivated can I put a different SIM card in it to get service. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New sim card
Weth
Legend

Is it deactivated because it was not paid off?  In that case the phone is blacklisted and cannot be used even with a different SIM

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tyler306 wrote:

If I have a iPhone and my phone isn't paid for but it is deactivated can I put a different SIM card in it to get service. 

If you have the iPhone 5 since that is the forum section, you might be able to activate it even if it is paid for. I don't believe the iPhone 5 is capable of VoLTE calls and therefore can no longer be activated on the Verizon Wireless network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tyler306, ensuring you have your options for using your device with another SIM card is essential, and I am happy to help set you up for success today. To make sure we are on the same page, what is is the exact model of your iPhone? Are you going to be using a SIM card from Verizon Wireless or from another carrier? Can you please clarify what you mean by the phone being deactivated? 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes