Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No SIM card installed
anme0355

My iPhone 5s has been saying that I don't have a SIM card installed. I have had the phone for over a year and it has worked fine. I tried taking the SIM card out and making sure everything was clean, updated to the newest iOS, turned the phone off/on, reset the network settings. I also tried putting in a different SIM card I had and it seemed to work and asked me to activate the phone. Is there anything else I should try, should I take it in to the verizon store, or can I just activate the phone with the SIM card that works?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: No SIM card installed
anme0355

I took it in to the verizon store and I guess my SIM tray was loose, so replacing the SIM tray solved the problem and my phone has been working since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

anme0355,

Hmm, that's not good let's get your phone and SIM card back in business! Since you swapped the SIM card and activated the device has the phone been working ok? If not I suggest taking your device to your local Verizon Wireless to have your SIM Card swapped out and testing the device that way. Please keep us posted.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
anme0355

I took it in to the verizon store and I guess my SIM tray was loose, so replacing the SIM tray solved the problem and my phone has been working since.

0 Likes