No Service
jnemits

Ever since the last IOS update, 8.3 my phone is constantly dropping call and stating no service. It's to the point that very often i can't send a text message, i don't receive incoming calls and i can't make calls.  I also can be in the middle of a conversation when all of a sudden the call is dropped and i have no service.  I shut down my phone at least once or twice a day but that doesn't help. It doesn't seem to matter whether i'm in my house, outside or in my car.  I went to the verizon store last week & they replaced my SIM card stating that sometimes a bad card can cause the problem but to no avail it didn't work,  I don't know what to do anymore.  Any suggestions? I'm about to throw the phone through the window.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No Service
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you factory reset your phone after the update? There are limited options on service issues due to the recent updates. One of them is replacing the SIM card, which you stated didn't help. The other is to look into your network settings and make sure they are all set correctly, did they do that at the Verizon store? Is your phone at the time of dropped calls showing you have service or bars? If so is it 4g, 3g, 1x?

0 Likes
jnemits

The only thing i didn't do is the factory reset.  I was afraid that my phone would completley shut done.  Should i try doing a factory reset?  I did reset newtork setting and reset all settings.  No I don't believe the verzon store looked at my network settings.  If they spent 10 minutes with me that was alot .  When my phone is dropping calls it's not showing any bars.  The little circles that show you strength are just empty circles.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like you know a bit, so I would just make sure your network settings are set to Global before you jump to a factory reset. IF you choose to do one, you need to back up all important information and then I would go as far as to even check to make sure it was actually backed up. When you factory reset, it does as stated, makes it how it was when you first got it. You'll have to sync your contacts back, download apps, input your e-mail information etc etc.

0 Likes
jnemits

I've been trying Smiley Happy.  This may sound like a stupid question, where would i find the network settings to confirm it is set to Global?  I can't seem to find anything for network settings that i can change.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Settings>General>Cellular (I think)

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Or Settings>Carrier

0 Likes