No iMessages?
voblak2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not able to send or receive iMessages from my wife. She isn't getting any from others either. Some of our texts go through to each other & some don't. I know iPhones, so it's not like our settings are wrong. We have 3-4 bar coverage in an LTE area. We just joined Verizon on Saturday & this is the first problem we've had yet. Otherwise very pleased with our service. So, does anyone know what's going on?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No iMessages?
Not applicable

imessage is only used between apple devices. When you have the feature turned on in the settings

https://www.apple.com/ios/messages/

People have to have set up their own apple id on their devices. People that are not using iOS devices receive or send their text and MMS through the carrier. Imessage to and from Apple Devices show as blue.

See the link above.

Good Luck

0 Likes
voblak2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. That's what I'm talking about. It's only to iPhones that I'm having problems. And the latest ones at that. One person we text has AT&T. But that's not very relevant since my wife & I have Verizon & the main problem is between our iPhones. Very weird. We've always had iMessages enabled. In fact, I disable SMS on mine so that it only sends iMessages to Apple users. But it still sends regular texts to Apple users despite my settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi voblak2,

Let's get your iMessage up and running. Are you sure that your iMessage is enabled? Go to Settings, Message and ensure that iMessage is on.  Also, when sending the message are you getting a data connection? Have you tried to delete and re-add your Apple ID? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes