Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not getting pics in my text messages
dayryder

Do I have to download the Verizon Messages app for my Iphone 5c in order for me tor receive pics with texts from per say a Trac Fone?  I have a friend who has a Trac Fone and tried to send me pics with their texts and I got the text but no pics.  When I tried to send a pic and text to them I got a message in red next to the pic I sent that said  "not delivered".  I have sent pics and texts to other Iphones and no problem so I am a bit baffled.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting pics in my text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is puzzling, dayryder. You should not need to download anything special for your friend to send or receive picture messages with you. Does this Trac Fone user have an iPhone as well? Are you sending the picture messages as iMessage or text message? Are you only experiencing this trouble with one person?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
dayryder

Hi Jennifer. Actually I finally got through to my salesman and he helped me solve the issue temporarily. I had turned off my cellular data when I got home because I have wifi. Now as strange as this sounds as soon as I turned on the cellular data the pictures came through within seconds. My salesman had no idea why that was. And yes the pics were sent via text. As far as I know I only have one icon for texts whether it be an imessage from another iphone or a text from another type of phone. But to answer your question I also called a friend who has an iphone and i couldn't receive pics from them or send them until I turned on my cellular date button. I am a bit concerned because my 5c uses a lot of data for such things and I was told that before I purchased the service that this would not be an issue. Obviously it is. I went to the Community forum and noticed that many people are having similar issues with the data usage being used up when it shouldn't be.

Have any ideas if this continuing issue will be resolved soon? Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated.

L.Ochnio

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Re: Not getting pics in my text messages"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1052340#1052340

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for explaining further dayryder. Does this happen with every message you send via wifi or just that one person? Does your friend with Tracphone have an iPhone? You're correct that you should only have one Message icon.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes