Not receiving text messages from most people?
TMacCO

For about a week, I stopped receiving text messages from most of my contacts. However, a couple continue to come through. For instance, I receive mssages from my wife but not my daughters. All have iPhone 5's. Can't say for sure what devices all of my other contacts are using.

Again, worked fine a week ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving text messages from most people?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update TMacCO. I'm glad that the new messages are coming thru. As the previous messages were sent over iMessage and showed delivered via iMessage, those would not have hit our system and were all sent over Apple's servers. Normally Apple should recognize you have iMessage turned off and then convert the message to a regular SMS on both ends. Let us know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get those messages up and running TMacCO! What messaging app are you using? Can you successfully send messages to these contacts? How about phone calls? Is this happening in more than one location? When did you last power cycle(off/on) your devices?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
TMacCO

Looks like my texts have been delivered.In fact, when looking at my daughter's phone, her messages back to me say they were delivered, yet I never received them. She is using iMessage. I'm just using straight SMS.

I did try powering off the phone but made no impact. So I actually went so far as to restore my phone to its original state and reload my backup. Afterwards, I did receive a test message from my daughter  but I can't yet verify whether this is addressing a few others I've been missing texts from. I'll check with them today and repost to this thread. 

0 Likes
TMacCO

Confirmed with another user that I am still no receiving texts. This user is using iMessage. And it is showing that the text they sent has been "received." Clearly that is not the case. Please advise!

0 Likes
TMacCO

Looks like the answer is that I was not receiving messages from anyone using iMessage. I turned mine one and voila I started receiving messages again. Never did get the "lost" messages.

Weird that it happened all of a sudden -- I never had iMessage turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update TMacCO. I'm glad that the new messages are coming thru. As the previous messages were sent over iMessage and showed delivered via iMessage, those would not have hit our system and were all sent over Apple's servers. Normally Apple should recognize you have iMessage turned off and then convert the message to a regular SMS on both ends. Let us know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes