Man....

Screen Shot 2013-09-24 at 7.45.20 PM.png

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: OFFICIAL DELAY FOR ORDERS IPHONE 5S
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Completely NOT usually for a device such as the iphone 5s.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kantoosion
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the email also.  What version iphone did you order?  I ordered the Gold and Grey 32gb and my expected ship date is on 10/16.  Bummer!

0 Likes
Freakinwill

16gb Gold

0 Likes
linx
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is this "Completely NOT unusual* for a device such as the iphone 5s"? You sell what you have in stock, and you shipped those that has been ordered (first come first serve, stayed up till 3am to order btw.). When you run out of initial stock you get more shipment and estimate a new ship date. I don't see any reason for it being delayed unless Verizon never had them in stock to begin with.

GeorgeShchegolev

Got the same notice last night. Funny thing is I ordered my iPhone 5S 16gb gold on VZw.com and got order confirmation email at 3:10am. Then I decided to get another one for the different line and I forgot I had a gift card to Apple store so I ordered the next one at 4am on Apple.com. Guess what, I got Apple.com order in my hands right now but VZW order is delayed. Something really wrong here. VZ refuses to take responsibility for their mistake.

I called several VZW stores in my area and they all said they got a HUGE shipment on the first day and some stores had inventory that lasted till the end of the day where people didn't even have to wait online. So how come people initial stock wasn't appropriately distributed? Very poor customer service experience. Called to complain and spoke with  a floor supervisor from "midwest call center". She told me to send email to and address which doesn't exist. Well done Verizon.

<< Edited to remove propprietary information and comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GeorgeShchegolev

I think they just didn't appropriately distributed initial stock.  Some VZW stores had stock that lasted till the end of day but my pre order is delayed. Because we all know whoever preordered will definitely get the phone but random guy walking up to store may just impulsively buy the phone he knows is in high demand. This is BS.

I searched if ATT or Spring are also having this issue......they NOT.

0 Likes
linx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Considering how bad, and outdated the Verizon checkout user experience looks and feels, I would not be surprised that their backend servers didn't even have a correct distribution algorithm.

0 Likes
Kantoosion
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your right! I have a friend on ATT and she happened to ordered her 5s gold a couple hours after me and she is scheduled to get her phone tomorrow.  What gives Verizon???

0 Likes
larryiou812

>Post deleted to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes