Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
On-time delivery without having to sign
soodyhoo

I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 this same way, but wasn't around to sign for it. I didn't want to make the trip to my FedEx distribution center and I didn't want to wait until the next day to get my phone, so I scoured the internet for a FedEx Release Form (similar to the door hangs the delivery man leaves, except YOU leave it for the delivery man). I found one, filled it out and taped it to the doorknob on my way out and when I returned home that afternoon my phone was right there waiting for me. I figured some of you might want to do the same thing so here's the file.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: On-time delivery without having to sign
SydneyK

Thanks for the helpful post! I didn't know there was a special form for this. I always just wrote a note asking the driver to leave a package from Verizon, then signed it and taped it to the door. With the high costs of phones cost these days, I'm not surprised FedEx would want a more formal release form.

0 Likes
soodyhoo

Yeah they told me with some shipments a signed note is ok but with shipments of this kind, it's a liability thing for them. I remember this being particularly hard to find so I wanted to save you guys the trouble.

SSPhilly

Thanks SO MUCH for this! I had read about a form like this yesterday on these forums, and Google searched until I was exhausted, but could not find it. I have saved the file for any future purchases, and just completed it for this Friday's delivery. So excited! Thanks again!!

0 Likes
TomCat03
Novice

EXCELLENT! I also planned a written note taped to my front door but this will definitely help should the drive be a bit skeptical about a note on plain paper

0 Likes